Blogs > Lighten Up with Jessie

Jessie Baginski, a Mayfield Heights resident, is back for a second try at Lighten Up. The 2013 contestant says she's ready to take what she learned last year and give it a good go this year.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

A wonderful week

I am developing such an appreciation for those who write daily or weekly for a living! As we journey through this life-event, I wonder, "what will I reflect on this week?"

Monday night was a great start at Aladdin's. I am a huge fan of their hummus and tabouli - clean, light and always delicious! I really like the collegial attitude this year seems to be taking among contestants. I feel like we are in this together more so this year than last - and in reality I am more into it this year than last.

This week I am feeling simply grateful. Grateful for the friends on this journey with me; grateful for a supportive husband who is loving this Mediterranean diet; grateful that I am ok with having those two slices of wonderful Molinari's bread and four chocolate covered Malley's pretzels - because that was all I needed this week; grateful that I am feeling better regardless of what the scale may say next Saturday - I am sleeping better and my clothes fit better - that's two big wins worthy of merit. I am grateful that I am learning to say 'no' - not only to food, but to the usual stressors of deadlines and outside expectations. I have worked hard at keeping my crises and not allowing others to make their crisis my crisis this week and it is paying off.....so good choices beget more good choices....feeling on the right road this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home